Sunday, October 7, 2012

Stephen King's It: The French Editions

Mon Dieu! Bear witness to the shockingly lurid covers for the three-volume French edition of King's magnum opus of generational evil, 1986's It. A reader hipped me to these the other day, and boy am I grateful. Particularly distressing - besides the anguished faces of the Losers' Club - is the cover for the third volume, all spidery terror, severed limbs, and screaming children. You know you love it! The artist is Matthieu Blanchin.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are fantastic! I think I like the first volume the best. Even though it is, ostensibly, the least frightening, you can just tell that crooked clown is up to no good.

Nice find!
--J/Metro

Dracula said...

The best thing about the volume 3 cover is how it manages to (to me, at least) make Pennywise's true form frightening. I think many of us had that part of the story ruined for us by the awful TV movie.

Domain reseller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rotting Zombie said...

Those covers are amazing. I like the 2nd one the best but the other two are great too. It is not that the US covers are bad though, I just love the style these are done in.

Alejandro Omidsalar said...

Man... Those are pretty damn intense, especially volume 3.

S. said...

Cool blog! Subscribed.

JT said...

It's so odd to me to see it called an "awful TV movie." That adaptation is often considered a masterpiece...