Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Every body is a book of blood..."

Here you can see a good chunk of the Clive Barker collection I've been making happen since January 1987, when I bought my first Barker book ever, Books of Blood Vol. III. Barker was fortunate to get (eventually) some of the very best covers in the genre, and a handful he did himself (at least in the UK). The framed photo is me meeting Barker at the Fangoria Weekend of Horrors convention in NYC, circa 1990. What an enthusiastic, sincere, and charming master of horror. Paperback covers and reviews to come!

3 comments:

Nash said...

Enjoy this post a lot! Nice little collection, and it's cool that you were able to meet Barker, especially when he still was doing Horror. I hope he gets back into horror. His introductory in the first Books of Blood omnibus tells me that he won't though.

Alejandro Omidsalar said...

Oh, snap! Are those paperbacks individual copies of each volume of Books of Blood? Yowza. I didn't realize they'd been released in that format here. Or are those English printings? In any case... Sweet.

Will Errickson said...

Those *are* the UK paperbacks of the BOOKS OF BLOOD. They weren't released in the US that way, but I bought them at a Fangoria convention in '89 or '90.