Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Kiss Not the Child by John Tigges (1985): I'll Put a Knife Right in You

I should say not! But I have to wonder what this fantastic cover art has to do with the title. You got your skull and a pretty lady, what more do you want? John Tigges wrote lots of horror paperbacks for Leisure Books in the 1980s, most with some really cool and grotesque covers. I have to ask: are they any good? Are they anywhere near as good as the covers suggest? Hmm. Perhaps one day I shall find out.

2 comments:

William Malmborg said...

I will buy a copy from Amazon today if I can find any and let you know. Looks interesting. If nothing else I will get a cool cover for my used paperback shelf.

Nathaniel Katz said...

Wow, I would most certainly buy this just for the cover. Really fantastic.