Friday, October 7, 2011

Horror Fiction Help VI


An email I received this week about a book that I am unfamiliar with. Any ideas? Simmie writes:

I stumbled across your site last night while trying to find the title/author of a horror novel I read in junior high. All I recall from the book is that citizens of the town start turning evil once they have been exposed to a strange rainfall. I think there was also a scene where a girl is raped in a bathtub by a guy who has just come in from the rain.

Thanks again everybody! Hope we can find this one too.

UPDATE: I just got an email from a reader with the correct book, and it's Richard Laymon's 1991 novel One Rainy Night. This was the fastest I've ever gotten an answer! Thanks to Abraham Phillips of Show Me Your Books.

7 comments:

Andrew said...

"One Rainy Night" by Richard Laymon

francisco said...

it's Richard Laymon week or something like that?

Will Errickson said...

Ha! Total coincidence.

Jamie Rosen said...

Beat me to it.

Phantom of Pulp said...

I like ONE RAINY NIGHT's nihilistic and animal simpicity. I realize you're not a Laymon fan at all (I'm a big one!), but I enjoy your cover posts, anyway.

Jezzer said...

"I think there was also a scene where a girl is raped in a bathtub by a guy who has just come in from the rain."

That's how people say "hello" in Richard Laymon's books.

Will Errickson said...

Nice one, Jezzer.