Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Latest Title in Valancourt's Paperbacks from Hell Series: Gwen, in Green!

Great news, everyone! The series of reprints of classic titles featured in Paperbacks from Hell from Valancourt Books is not over—coming next is the 1974 eco-horror novel Gwen, in Green, by Hugh Zachary. The book will feature the stunning George Ziel cover art from the Fawcett Gold Medal edition; I will be writing the introduction for it. This is a personal favorite of mine and I lobbied hard to get it back in print, while the guys at Valancourt diligently tracked down the late Zachary's estate to obtain the rights. The process seemed to take forever, but here we are! 

Valancourt hopes to have it ready to go by year's end. And Valancourt, Grady Hendrix, and I are still hoping to bring you more of these. For all information on ordering and whatnot, go here. For more on this series, go here.

9 comments:

John said...

That is great news for a great series. I'm sure there are many more titles that deserve resurrecting.

Maldoror said...

I will look forward for "The Voice of the Clown".

Front Toward Enemy said...

I know Valancourt's been trying this for a while, but just to keep the pressure on: all of Karl Edward Wagner's work REALLY needs to be in print, forever. That's one of the great tragedies of literature right now. Anyway, Valancourt's doing a great thing, keep up the good work!

Tim Mayer said...

Great job!

Doug Brunell said...

Congrats!

highwayknees@sbcglobal.net said...

I know there are problems with the clearance for ,The Voice of the Clown, but yes, I hold onto hope for that one being released one day.

Will Errickson said...

From what I know of the situation, it is unlikely it will be reprinted, despite the best efforts of Valancourt!

TT. said...

I love this quip from Zachary in your intro: "I've written in every field except bestseller."

I actually looked at Tide for Tough Times Publishing back in the day. I don't remember much about it, but my sense is that Peter Benchley didn't have a lot to worry about (all due respect and RIP to Mr. Zachary).

Regardless, I'm very much looking forward to checking out Gwen, in Green.

Happy season!

always mark savage said...

Truly superb book. And cheers for fighting for its reprinting and superb cover art.