1. The main character was a young woman traveling with her husband or boyfriend. They, somehow, come under the power the an older couple who have twisted religious/ sexual issues. The older woman takes the heroine and tries to brainwash or dominate her into act like a prepubescent girl. I seem to remember the main character having to dress in little girls clothes, shave her pubic hair, and hide menstruation, because the older woman thought that was when girls become"dirty". The older man would sexually abuse the woman, but it took on a creepier tone of " daddys special little girl" involving having to sit on his knee and be fondled leading up to the inevitable rape. This has to be hidden from the older woman bcause she would blame the "girls" for again being dirty and wicked. The boyfriend meets a bad end. For "dirtying" the main character, he is murdered, and it is his murder scene that is the most vivid in my memory. I remember him waking him and having a noose around his neck. He is standing on a chair, and under his feet in a hotplate. The woman turns the hotplate on and his feet start to burn. I remember the horror of reading it because his dilemma is to either step of the plate to save his feet, thereby hanging himself. Or, wait until his feet burn enough that he slowly strangles or involuntarily steps off in extreme pain. It seems to me that the woman wants some kind of confession from the man, and says she is willing to let him go if he admits his sins .
2. A young girl (very intelligent, pretty and pure) leaving high school and being excepted to a very old, prestigious and expensive college/university far from home on scholarship. she then gets involved with the popular kids.. one or two of the teachers is involved in the occult and "talks" to the school. it is based in america.
The school is basically evil and wants a sacrifice mainly being the young " innocent" girl. i think the school embodies Satan. It's quite dark and sexual.
3. The cover was fully black and “puffy” or 3D with white or silver lettering of the title…it may’ve had red eyes as well. I cannot recall the author or the title. I could have sworn it had the word “beast” in it, like Bloodbeast and seem to remember it was just one word in the title. I’ve tried googling in all sorts of ways but with no luck. In the story, the beast is a wolf-like creature shredding people in the lake/outdoorsy town and the sheriff-type guy was on the hunt of it. The book would primarily use the sheriff’s perspective I believe, then go into italics when telling the story from the perspective of the wolf-monster (who I think was female).
4. The cover has a red-haired woman with a skeletal hand, holding a bloody knife. In the beginning she kills her step-mother with a scorpion and I think later on in the book she kills someone else with a scorpion.
5. Centered around some sort of scientific or military expedition or research group. Of course there was a creature at some point. Based on what I remember of the book, it was a relatively slim volume (200 pages tops, I'd think), and I vaguely recall a pretty bland cover design (something blue and white?) that leads me to believe the publication had to be no later than the early-mid 1970s
6. I have been looking for a horror book that I read back in the late 70s or 80s. I dont know the name of the book or the author. It was about a book that the people who ever read this book, what ever they read then happened to them.
7. A pedophile who kidnaps a young boy and keeps him for awhile (note: it wasn’t Billy, by Strieber). I want to say that it had a pretty awesome cover, and for some reason my ancient mind even thinks it was a Fawcett paperback (original?).
8. Cult builds a bigger shell for hermit crab.