Yes, once again: a handful of email queries I've gotten from desperate TMHF readers recently, folks looking for forgotten horror novels and stories of years past. These are ones I unfortunately don't know myself; I'm sure some of you horror sleuths out there can get on the case - don't leave your fellow horror fiction fans hanging!
1. It was a picture of a house and I believe the house was twisted and
looked like some kind of demonic face... and from what I can remember
the basis of the story was about a family moving into this house and
they had a son who seemed to be the protagonist that had to deal with
the monster or ghost.
2. A giant tree, little people climbing it and on up the tree were some kind of monsters, like lizard looking maybe. When I say big tree I mean like the tree was the size of the Empire State Building.
3. Graphic, intensely shocking story about a pregnant insane woman who stitches herself shut to keep the baby from coming out.
4. A temple-looking place that was lit up golden by torches and there was a statue of some kind of beast holding a bowl that looked like the top part of a bird bath that had a bright red liquid in it, blood possibly. In the distance looking down from the temple or well kept ruins, seemed to be jungle-looking type growth. I want to say the statue holding the cauldron may have had an ox head or goat head.
5. Mutated fungus or mold that turned the infected into highly light-sensitive zombie-like creatures that would then stalk around after dark looking for new people to infect (by mouth-to-mouth contact, no less!). The plague started with an infected cat, and the main character was a teenage girl (I forget her name, but her best friend was Maxine).
6. From what I remember, a family moves to New England. Wouldn't you know
it, the oldest son soon grows distant and more reclusive, eventually
moving into the basement. The family is content to leave him down there,
listening to his music and being a teenager. Eventually he paints the
basement all black, blacks out the windows, etc. At the climax of the
novel, a parent (the mother?) goes down there to find that he is just
about to open a portal to hell, assisted by a few red-robed supernatural
beings doing some kind of supernatural incantation over a supernatural
altar. The parent is able to disrupt the ceremony, portal to hell
Looking for a forgotten horror novel or short story? Remember the cheesy paperback art but not who wrote the book? Send me an email at willerror[at]gmail.com describing it and if I don't know it, one of my readers might!
Copyright 2010 - 2014. All text (except quotes) is the property of Will Errickson and should not be reproduced in whole or in part without permission from the author. All images, unless otherwise noted, are the property of their respective copyright owners.