Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award

Stephen at Peel Slowly has given me the Versatile Blogger Award. Here are the rules required for accepting this award:

• Thank the person who gave it to you.
• Share 7 things about yourself.
• Pass the award along to 15 who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reason.
• Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award.

Thanks so much, Stephen, I'm honored to be recognized by a such a great fellow blogger! I found his blog when I was Googling images for the Jaws 2 teaser poster, which I remember vividly from my childhood and simply adore.

1. I still own no sort of Mp3 player, nor even a cellphone.
2. I believe every film/music/book fan has some "great work" that they have avoided, missed, or are simply not interested in. I have never seen 2001 in its entirety, listened to a Led Zeppelin album on purpose, or read 1984.
3. I have never been to Europe because I can be supremely lazy and still don't have a passport. Now, nearing 40, I realize virtually everyone I know has been to the Continent.
4. I am a stone-cold atheist and despise/ridicule all trappings of the supernatural, except in fictional works.
5. In 1996, Joey Ramone walked into the coffee shop I was in one night after skipping out on a film class at NCSU. I got to talk to him like a normal person and then tell him he and his band changed my life. He was super-gracious and awesome and now that he's gone I'm so grateful for that opportunity.
6. My ethnic background is Russian/Ukraine and South Jersey redneck.
7. Stones over Beatles.

And the 15 blogs I (mostly) recently discovered that I love to visit regularly. All are run by cool, knowledgeable, and indeed happily obsessive people. Check 'em out:

From Beyond Depraved
Fascination with Fear
Paperback Horror
Go Retro
Billy Loves Stu
L'arrivée d' Sylvia Kristel
Cool-Ass Cinema
Plaid Stallions
Dinosaur Toy Blog
Star Wars Action Figures Doing What They Do Best
Kindertrauma
Retrospace
Love Train for the Tenebrous Empire
Dinner with Max Jenke
The Kind of Face You Hate


And now, back to the horror... the horror...

6 comments:

lazlo azavaar said...

Stones over the Beatles? I'm afraid we're gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.

Will Errickson said...

Heh, I knew that one would be controversial. What can I say, I'm kind of a sleazy pirate at heart!

Christine Hadden said...

Thanks, Will- much appreciated!
You've also given me a few new blogs to discover:)

And strike me down, I'm with you on the Stones over Beatles controversy.

venoms5 said...

Hi, Will! Thanks a lot. I am deeply touched you thought of me for this. I'm with you on several points you made, too. I'm not truly an atheist, I suppose. I don't deny the existence of such things, I simply don't believe in them.

Also, The Rolling Stones flatten The Beatles in my opinion. I used to could listen to the Beatles, but when our local oldies station (sadly, no longer around) began playing them every 15 minutes I got to where I couldn't tolerate them. For instance, on Elvis's birthday, they were to play songs of the King all day, but the Fab Four got far more airplay than the King of Rock on his own birthday!

Anyway, thanks again, Will!

Will Errickson said...

I know a guy who's a staunch Beatles fanatic and we've discussed the differences many times. His favorite STAR WARS character? Luke Skywalker. Mine? Han Solo. This is an apt analogy in oh so many ways.

lazlo azavaar said...

As Zoidberg might say, "Why always with the fighting?" Also, my favorite STAR WARS character is Chewie. So there.