Stephen at Peel Slowly has given me the Versatile Blogger Award. Here are the rules required for accepting this award:
• Thank the person who gave it to you.
• Share 7 things about yourself.
• Pass the award along to 15 who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reason.
• Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award.
Thanks so much, Stephen, I'm honored to be recognized by a such a great fellow blogger! I found his blog when I was Googling images for the Jaws 2 teaser poster, which I remember vividly from my childhood and simply adore.
1. I still own no sort of Mp3 player, nor even a cellphone.
2. I believe every film/music/book fan has some "great work" that they have avoided, missed, or are simply not interested in. I have never seen 2001 in its entirety, listened to a Led Zeppelin album on purpose, or read 1984.
3. I have never been to Europe because I can be supremely lazy and still don't have a passport. Now, nearing 40, I realize virtually everyone I know has been to the Continent.
4. I am a stone-cold atheist and despise/ridicule all trappings of the supernatural, except in fictional works.
5. In 1996, Joey Ramone walked into the coffee shop I was in one night after skipping out on a film class at NCSU. I got to talk to him like a normal person and then tell him he and his band changed my life. He was super-gracious and awesome and now that he's gone I'm so grateful for that opportunity.
6. My ethnic background is Russian/Ukraine and South Jersey redneck.
7. Stones over Beatles.
And the 15 blogs I (mostly) recently discovered that I love to visit regularly. All are run by cool, knowledgeable, and indeed happily obsessive people. Check 'em out:
From Beyond Depraved
Fascination with Fear
Billy Loves Stu
L'arrivée d' Sylvia Kristel
Dinosaur Toy Blog
Star Wars Action Figures Doing What They Do Best
Love Train for the Tenebrous Empire
Dinner with Max Jenke
The Kind of Face You Hate
And now, back to the horror... the horror...