The artist Paul Stinson (aka Paul E. Stinson) was born in New Jersey on this date in 1953. More prolific in the science fiction/fantasy fields, he also illustrated the cover art for a good handful of horror/suspense mass market paperbacks back in the day, including ones for well-known names like Graham Masterton, Ramsey Campbell, Bernard Taylor, and Kathryn Ptacek. Also, his work adorned most of the "psychic detective" Chill series, by Jory Sherman, which I featured here. Enjoy!



%20(April%201982)%20-%20Stinson%20cover%20art.jpg)









I remember seeing the cover art for REVENGE OF THE MANITOU, THE NIGHT VISITOR, CATMAGIC and maybe NIGHT OF THE CLAW.
ReplyDeleteI find it rather interesting coming on here and seeing your write-up on this artist - I've actually been reading DRIVER by Pat Winter for the last few days, and I find it to be a very exciting book. Have you ever read it? If so, what are your thoughts on it?
ReplyDeleteI had no idea it existed until I was researching this artist. What a funny coincidence!
DeleteQuestion: is NIGHT OF THE CLAW another escaped-black-panther-on-the-loose horror novel? I forgot to ask this the last time (see above).
ReplyDelete